Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life Story: Shadows

I've always been in the shadows.

From the moment of birth, to the present of today.

Anytime, anywhere, everywhere, anyone, everyone, everytime.

Shadows.

I can't get rid of them.

Shadows of my past, still haunt me to this day.

Mistakes, anguish, dismal, failure, and so on.

I cannot escape.

They are bound to me as long as I live.

I've always been in these shadows.

Once having potential.

An actual bright spot.

Luster to my grime.

Forseeing that the future would have a better outlook.

Then, it just stopped.

Everything fell apart.

My life, it shattered right before my eyes.

I fell into depression, contemplated suicide.

At times, I wonder why I'm still here.

I, am an outcast.

A derelict, a castaway,

Exiled to remain eclipsed from the World.

Embarrassing my "friends", cousins, family.

Causing shame.

I reside in these shadows behind my sister, a bright and shining star.

My younger siblings will soon join her.

Me?

I'll never reach that plateau.

I'll never attain any plateau.

Never...

I, Storm Gray, dwell beneath shadows,

And I will never escape.

2 comments: